New Year, New Me?!...Sure
Every year I believe we all make some sort of resolution that is so far fetched we rarely get through the 1st week of our challenge. Whether it be Intense Juicing, 2hr Daily Gym time, No sugar for 30 days, or it may be as simple as drinking 8 cups of water daily. I am guilty!
However, I have learnt new ways to keep my resolutions without completely hating the activity.
I believe it starts with positive thoughts and also really wanting a serious change in that particular area of your life. You need to decide that you actually want this and not jump in because it's currently trending.
- Decide what change/addition you need to make in you life eg. Improve Baking Skills
- Realize how this change will affect your life eg. Improved baking skills will allow me to share a variety of tasty meals for my family and friends.
- How can you act on this change/addition eg. Actively search for courses/ tutorials as it relates to Baking tips, quick recipes, Baking groups
- How much time would you like to put into this task eg. 3hrs weekly
- Is this a realistic goal: Yes/ no. If Yes - continue with plan. If no, rethink your strategy and be specific and realistic
- Now that you've decided on an action plan, you just need to start. You do not need to start tomorrow or even the day after because life always happens when we least expect it. However, it would be wise to act within the first two weeks to jump start your own motivation.
- Share your plans with a relative, friend, or even community group that will help you to be accountable.
- Once you've started this marathon, remember to check in with yourself. Celebrate milestones. Share even the smallest success. Give yourself a pat on the back and continue to improve your life.
Happy New Year!