Ultimate Butter Tarts
Another rainy day. Another scrumptious recipe.
Today it was butter tarts.
I've tasted a few from various places, but homemade is almost always better :)
So I fixed my recipe to be not too sweet yet still tasty and mouth watering from the filling to the last bite of pastry.
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- dash of grated nutmeg
- Chopped dates (optional)
- Shredded coconut (optional)
But feel free to buy unbaked shells
Combine all ingredients on one bowl and pour batter into your unbaked shell.
Oven instructions :
- Preheat oven and bake at 350º
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- The batter will rise slightly and will bubble in the last 5-10mins.
- At the 30 minute mark I turn off the oven and let the tarts sit for another 5 minutes in the heat.
Remove from the oven and let cool.
Post a Comment