Sweet yet tangy and ohh so scrumptious. With a few additional ingredients of your own, this homemade peach tart will fit any occasion.
I used fresh peaches for this recipe, however feel free to try it out with canned or frozen peaches.
Tart shell(makes 2 shells ): No water required
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup of chopped peach
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of corn starch
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- In a food processor or by hand mix all the ingredients together until crumby
- Pour half of the pastry mix into your greased tart tin
- Flatten and shape your crumby mixture into your tin as preferred
- Cover with a damp paper towel and freeze for 1 hour.
- In a food processor add the chopped peaches and the remaining ingredients
- Blend ingredients in short intervals leaving a few chunks in the mix.
- Pour and level into crust
- Brush egg whites unto the exposed sections of the crust.
- Pre-heat and bake tart at 350º for 1 hour.
- At about 30 minutes your shell will begin to darken, to avoid burning cover tart shell edges with foil for the remaining half hour.
Top with whip cream and indulge!