5 minute Tart Shell Recipe
Firm and sweet but not flaky . Not too soft but has a bit of crunch. This tart shell recipe is everything you need in 5 minutes to whip up a quick dessert.
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds(optional )
- 1 egg yolk
- In a food processor or by hand mix all the ingredients together until crumby
- Pour half of the pastry mix into your greased tart tin(9inch)
- Flatten and shape your crumby mixture into your tin as preferred
- Cover with a damp paper towel and freeze for 1 hour, if you have the time
- Place it in the fridge while you make your pie filling.
Fill and bake your tart as required.