I had so many weekend mornings waking up to scent of my mom frying bakes and salt fish. So I wanted to share this simple yet so tasty fluffy delight with everyone to experience it. Even if you try it just once.
3 cups of flour
1 tbsp baking powder
4 tbsp butter
1/3 cup coconut sugar (optional; use any sugar of you choice)
Dash of salt
1 cup of water
2 cups of oil
- Combine flour and baking powder
- Blend in butter until flour mixture is flaky.
- Add in sugar, salt and water
- Knead dough together until it feels like a pillow.
- Allow the dough rise in a greased bowl for 15 mins or more
- Cut dough into 12 pieces
- Each piece should be rolled into a ball, then pressed out with your fingers into a circle (does not have to be perfect circle )
Stove top instructions:
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Fry dough for approx 1 minute on each side or until it turns slighty golden
- To eliminate some of the grease, prior to serving drain bakes on a few pieces of paper towel