Literally Everything Bagels
Then, I tried the sweet dough bagels from Montreal- and yes, this forbidden sweet dough is just want you can imagine... Sweet in all the right places topped with a savory spread. Mmmm hmmmm
So here I am, because I love it this much
This is not the Montreal bagels recipe...but I think I got close 😋
Feel free to try as much variations as you need to and tell us about it.
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 tbsp of yeast
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix in yeast and water together for 1 minute
- Add in flour, salt and sugar
- The dough will be thicker than the regular sandwich loaf dough, so you may need to knead for a few extra minutes.
- Knead dough into a ball, lightly grease a clean bowl and plastic wrap - place dough in and cover the bowl
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to rise
- Dice dough into 8 or more pieces depending on your preferred bagel size ; knead each piece individually and roll into a ball.
- Cover with a clean towel or lightly greased plastic wrap and let rise for another 30 minutes
- Make a whole in the middle of each ball and roll the dough around your finger until you have your desired size bagel
*Preheat oven at 350᠐ while boiling the bagels*
Boil each bagel in the water bath for 3 minutes on each side
To avoid keeping the dough out for too long, prepare toppings in advance.
Base the top of the dough with coating mixture. This is very helpful if you are topping your bagels with dried ingredients
Options: Sesame seeds, Dried onions, Oats, Raisins, Cheese
Bake for 40 minutes or until darkened to your preference
Send us photos of your creations!