Buttermilk bread rolls
Well, the name says it all. Buttermilk tends to have an acquired
scent and perhaps not an ingredient most would not add to a bread recipe.
Though a lengthy prep time, if mixed in accordingly you will have fresh soft rolls in 1 hr and 15 mins.
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups of white flour
- Combine wet ingredients(buttermilk and butter) with sugar.
- Combine yeast, salt and white flour in a separate bowl.
- Add in buttermilk mixture and knead for approx 4 mins with a standing mixer.
- Knead dough with your hand once more and roll into a ball.
- Place dough on a clean surface and cover with a clean towel. Allow dough to rise for an hour.
- Preheat oven for 10 mins at 350⁰
- Shape dough into your preferred shape and bake for 35 mins.
- Allow to cool. Store in a cool place.
Post a Comment