Mango Peach Upside Down Berry Cake
Every corner of this cake is scrumptious.
From the sugar coated fruits to the syrup drenched sides of this fluffy masterpiece.
Ingredients to fill the base of the cake pan:
- 1 1/2 cup frozen Mixed fruit and berry: chunks of pear, mango, blueberry, blackberries, cherry and strawberry
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2-3 tbsp of white sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Stir in sugar until completely combined and heated.
- Add fruits into sugar mixture and let simmer for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring fruits.
- Scoop fruits into the base of the cake pan then pour the remaining syrup evenly across the base
Ingredients for cake batter:
- 2 eggs (separate yolks from egg whites)
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of flour
Directions: (you will need two bowls)
- Whisk egg yolks and softened butter until well combined .Set aside
- Using an electric hand mixer, whip the egg whites and salt together until it forms a stiff peak.
- Spoon in sugar into egg white mixture
- Fold in the egg yolk mixture from Bowl 1
- Sift in the flour and baking powder
- Pour batter over fruit sugar mixture
- Grease bottom and sides of pan lightly
- Preheat and bake at 350⁰
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- While the cake is still hot, place an upside down serving platter on top of the baking tin - With mittens, tightly grip the pan and the platter together - then flip cake.
- Use different fruits and nuts as a base
- decrease sugar by 1/4 cup