Another cold night led to the baking of this heart-warming bread.This is a must have in your pantry.
This bread is soft on the inside and so crispy on the outside.
- 4 cups of water
- 6 teaspoons (2 tablespoons) yeast
- 5 1/2 cups of white flour
- 6 teaspoons(2 tablespoons)salt
- Mix in yeast and warm water
- Sift in flour and salt into the yeast mixture and knead
- Mixture should be very elastic and sticky
|After kneading,before rising.|
Cover dough with a towel and allow to rise.
The dough should double in size after rising.
With this dough it proves a bit difficult to shape, so I would suggest placing into a shaped loaf pan.
I let it rise for another minute or two in the pan before placing in the oven.
- Preheat at 350⁰, place a baking pan of water in the oven during this process to create steam/moisture while your dough is rising.Remove pan prior to baking.
The steaming method assists with creating a crisp crust for this french bread
- Bake at 400⁰
- This recipe makes 1 loaf - bake for 30mins
Pair with a cup of tea and a good movie.
Post a Comment