Dark Chocolate Cookie Bar
An easy afternoon snack or a pleasant dessert.
One of my new favorite recipes - not overly sweet but also not as crunchy as a regular sugar cookie.
You can mix this up in a shake - with the right ingredients and or substitutions based on your taste.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups of flour
- grated/chunks of dark chocolate
- grated nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth
- Add eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Slowly add in mix of sifted flour,baking soda and salt to the batter
- Allow to mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chunks
If you prefer a sweeter cookie
- ditch the dark chocolate for semisweet chocolate chips
- add an additional 1 1/2 cups of brown or white sugar
- Also for more flavor add-in 2 tsp almond or vanilla essence
- Preheat at 350⁰
- Spread cookie dough into a deep rectangular baking dish
- Bake batter at 20 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before taking a bite.
Grab some ice-cream and add cookie bar.