Carrot Cake. Because: Who doesn't love it? :)
One of my favorite recipes and quickest. After many tries, over the last few years, I have conquered my ultimate Carrot Cake recipe. I have also learnt to never over compensate with one ingredient if it does not substitute another! The end result - not a tasty cake haha
So today's baking began like any other - after hours of procrastination and beginning 2 hours before attending the event. My best work is done under pressure.
I gathered my ingredients : Rule of thumb prior to combining
Bowl 1:dry ingredients
Bowl 2: wet ingredients
I altered the original recipe to my taste.
So here goes:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg (I usually grate in my nutmeg to taste)
- 3 cups of shreded carrots
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- Whisk eggs together
- While beating, add sugar until beaten into a smooth syrup like state.
- Add warm melted butter and milk
- Add in flour mixture :Combine flour, baking powder, Salt and nutmeg
- Shredded carrots or any of your additional ingredients should be added in the last step.
Either grease your pan with butter or use Parchment paper to line your pan
Bake at 350 ͒ for approx 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I normally test my cakes in 3-4 different areas with a toothpick to ensure it is fully baked.